Business jet owners and business aviation manufacturers recognize the importance of attaining superior aircraft interior parts. The ideal method to support this objective is utilizing an aircraft interior metal finishing process.
Using this process, new aircraft interior parts can be treated to improve the aesthetic of the aircraft interior. Or, worn parts can be retreated, restoring a part to its original condition to avoid costly replacement.
When seeking a solution to accentuate or restore aircraft interior parts, consider these powerful reasons to use a metal finishing process.
An Advanced Process Delivers Exceptional Results
HighTech Finishing follows a proven metal plating process that produces the highest-quality aircraft interior parts.
1. Technologically Advanced Equipment
Advanced equipment, methods, and the right tools are necessary to deliver a superior aircraft interior part.
At our in-house shop, we utilize technologically-advanced equipment to deliver the best results for each part. Our sophisticated system includes specialized procedures to ensure an excellent finish each time.
– Plating bath chemistry. This process uses electric currents to ultimately create a metal coating. It is used to change a part’s surface property, and can be used to thicken parts. The chemical composition, temperature, and pH in the bath determines the plating’s quality. For optimal performance, you need the right equipment and careful control of the bath.
– Equipment calibration. Over time, measuring devices lose accuracy; usually due to every-day wear and tear. We don’t leave this chance. We regularly perform equipment calibration to ensure accurate application of metal coating and the highest-quality final product.
– Temperature control devices. The right temperature is critical for carrying out metal finishing. When working with metal, the part can be sensitive to temperature, causing reactions and undesired results. We carefully monitor equipment temperature to ensure a consistent environment when treating each part.
2. Consistency and Excellence
Each employee in our shop is expertly trained on the metal finishing process. And, because our company is 100 percent dedicated to supporting the business aviation industry, we know the unique needs of our customers. The combination of expertise and long-standing relationships allows us to provide the best service, every time.
Additionally, our metal finishing process is backed by our ISO9001/AS9100 certification. ISO9001 is the international standard for quality management systems and AS9100 is the more stringent Aerospace standard. Organizations are only recognized with this certification after proving their ability to meet intense requirements.
We are proud to hold this certification, which is renewed every three years, as an endorsement of our commitment to excellent quality and production capabilities for metal finishing.
3. Complete Metal Sealing
Each metal finishing part receives a base coating of copper plating. During this step, we create an even base before other additional coats are made, which is important because it helps seal the metal completely.
Why do we use copper? Copper has many benefits. It is highly conductive, malleable, provides resistance to corrosion, and is readily available.
Copper is also valuable in the metal finishing process because it helps with adhesion, sealing the metal completely. If the metal is not completely sealed, it could lead to problems down the line.
4. Extend Life of Parts
Different types of metals have weaknesses, but they can be strengthened and improved to make them last longer. The ideal method to maximize a part’s utility is through metal finishing.
Metal finishing involves several steps; not just adding a metal coat. It involves other steps such as striping, cleaning, and polishing to extend life. Consider the following benefits of a new surface coating:
- Increased strength and hardness
- Improved lubricity
- Better conductivity
- Increased resistance to corrosion and chemicals
- Greater resistance to wear and tear
- Reduced effects of friction
- Better adhesion for paint
- Prevents galvanic reactions
5. Comprehensive 50-Step Process
Our entire aircraft interior metal finishing approach is supported by an intricately-detailed quality control process. Our 50-step process ensures the highest-quality finished product each time.
Included in the process are 13 cleaning and polishing steps such as grease, stitch, sisal, and color polishing. For quality control, our team performs 17 quality checks. Each checkpoint requires careful inspection and examination of the part.
Each step in the process is meticulously followed by our expert team. The final result is a complete aircraft interior part that has been expertly handled with precision and care.
Trust HighTech Finishing for Superior Aircraft Interior Parts
HighTech Finishing (HTF) offers the highest-quality aircraft interior metal finishing services. We can meet the needs of new parts, as well as small, medium, and large refurbishments.
We are proud of our innovative and decorative metal plating process to meet the latest needs of the business aviation community.
Inquire today about utilizing our aircraft interior metal finishing service to enhance the visual appeal of your business aircraft.