One of the highlights of the year for our company was returning to the NBBA-BACE Conference in Las Vegas. After a one-year absence due to the pandemic, NBBA-BACE 2021 was held October 12-14 at the newly-renovated Las Vegas Convention Center.
Several members of our company traveled to Vegas to connect with customers that we haven’t seen in some time, as well as meet some new faces at HighTech Finishing booth #759 in the West Hall.
Our team included Carl Bartuch (CEO), Simon Haining (President), Amanda Taylor (National Sales Manager), Rick Niefield (VP of Sales & Marketing), Naomi Lockhart (Account Manager), and King Chan (Controller). This was Simon’s first NBBA event and Naomi’s last trip before she retires in January!
Because the industry is in an uptick due to increased demand for private aviation, there was tremendous interest in our plating and replating metal finishing options for aviation interior parts. Customers were particularly interested in our track record of exceptional lead times.
How We Support the Needs of Aviation Customers
During NBAA-BACE 2021, we connected with independent designers, refurbishment centers, charter companies, private jet owners (including a famous magician!), and executive-level management on the OEM side. The common need is fast turnarounds on plated parts.
Thanks to our industry-leading process for interior part plating we can meet the needs of each customer group by delivering plated parts on time to help beautify the aircraft interior. We appreciated the opportunity to tell this story to so many members of the aviation community that need reliable partners to support their tight deadlines in the post-COVID environment.
After holding a series of substantial meetings at our booth and at the booths of our customers, we walked away from Las Vegas with confidence that we can provide the appropriate solution for each customer.
Other Highlights from NBAA-BACE 2021
– We caught the eyes of aircraft interior designers with our selection of 130+ decorative plating finishes. Right now, the finishing trend is blacks and grays, particularly in matte finishes. We offer several unique combinations to satisfy this design trend.
– We drew interest in the newest finishes that we have added since the pandemic. There was particular interest in our new offering, “Light Satin Gray,” which fits with the design trend of emphasizing grays in aircraft interior design.
– We noticed there was an overall resurgence of interest in supersonic aircraft. This was one of the themes of NBBA-BACE 2021 emphasizing the opportunity for advanced aircraft capabilities to become more accessible. We are prepared to support the needs of supersonic aircraft manufacturers by plating the aircraft interior parts.
– Our luncheon was an absolute hit. We appreciate everyone that attended our mid-conference luncheon to take a break and enjoy some quality face-to-face time in the midst of a busy conference.
– Overall, our trip to Las Vegas was a success. We enjoyed seeing everyone back in action enjoying a little slice of normalcy post-pandemic. Our team is already looking forward to next year’s NBAA-BACE gathering in October 2022 in Orlando, Florida.
To get in touch with our team to follow up on NBBA-BACE 2021, contact us today to discuss a solution for your aircraft interior. We look forward to hearing from you!