Company: High Tech Finishing Location: Houston, TX 77081
High Tech Finishing is a dynamic manufacturing/processing company in SW Houston specializing in decorative electroplating for the business aviation industry. We offer excellent benefits: group medical/dental/life; voluntary life; vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; Holidays; 401(k) plan.
The primary role of IT Manager is to oversee and maintain all aspects of a company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems. IT Managers manage the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a company’s network. The IT Manager will also monitor the use of email, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed.
Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency
Deliver and support strategic plans for implementing information technologies. Complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and vendors. Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Maintain Computer Systems & IT Infrastructure
From servers, security programs, and wireless services it is up to the IT Manager to review the company’s systems to ensure that all aspects are operating efficiently. The IT Manager will troubleshoot problems, configure hardware and software, implement back up processes, work with vendors and assess systems for upgrades or replacement.
Complete System Installs and Upgrades
The IT Manager is responsible for installing new systems and assessing and implementing upgrades as needed. The IT manager conducts consistent analyses of a company’s IT systems to determine if existing components meet the company’s need and perform upgrades or updates as needed.
Manage Network Security
The IT Manager will assess security programs and decide which is best for the company. The IT manager will install and manage these systems with the support of outside vendors if needed and conduct updates, create passwords and run check for viruses and spyware.
Oversee Data Storage and Retrieval Systems
The IT Manager will create and manage the use of backup and data retrieval systems.
Possess strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills. Be familiar with all aspect of project management, such as budgeting and scheduling, and exercise strong time management skills. The abilities to work independently as needed, manage teams and apply analytical skills. Along with these qualities, it is also important that the IT Manager possess the following capabilities:
- Assess existing network serves, operating systems and security programs.
- Upgrade existing hardware and software programs.
- Install and implement effective security systems.
- Manage data backup and retrieval processes.
- Troubleshoot problems with systems and programs.
- Computer security programs – IT Managers must be familiar with various security hardware and software to choose the program that best fits the needs of the company.
- Network technology– from firewall configuration to wireless access, IT Managers should have a full understanding of all aspects of computer networking.
- Project management – it is important that IT Managers have knowledge of project management practices and techniques, such scheduling and budgeting.
The IT Manager should be familiar with the Applications, software and systems in use at the company.
- AVG Anti-Virus. Used on Servers and PCs to protect from Malware.
- AVG management console. Used to manage and maintain AVG remotely.
- Symantec Cloud. Scans incoming emails and internet traffic for threats before reaching the HTF network.
- Microsoft SQL. Database software used for the WPF application.
- Microsoft Exchange. Email Server application.
- Microsoft Print Server. Server to share printers throughout the company.
- Microsoft Server. Server Operating System (OS).
- Microsoft Office. Suite of desktop and productivity applications.
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization. All production servers are virtualized using Microsoft Hyper-V technology. It is critical the IT manager has a thorough familiarity with Hyper-V virtualization and has the required skill set to manage the Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS). RDS allows users to connect to virtual machines (TS01, TS02).
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD). Used to manage permissions and access to network resources.
- Microsoft Windows. Operating system used on PCs.
- Microsoft DNS. Provides computer name-to-IP address mapping and name resolution services.
- Microsoft Group Policy. Provides centralized management and configuration of operating systems, applications, and user settings.
- Tricerat Simplify Suite. Provide custom user desktops and applications (TS01, TS02).
- Sage ACT! Contact management software.
- Sage 50 Accounting (Peachtree). Business Management software.
- WPF Application. Custom production management software.
- PQ Systems GAGEpack. Gage management Software
- IT utilities and tools. Various industry standard IT tools needed to troubleshoot and maintain IT systems.
- Quest Rapid Recovery. Application used for data backup and retrieval.
- Squid Proxy Server. Proxy server used for Symantec cloud web traffic filtering.
- Meraki Web Portal. Web based application used to configure and maintain the switch infrastructure.
- Dell GrpAdmin. Web interface used to manage and maintain EqualLogic PS4000 iSCSI storage Array.
- SonicWall . Firewall web interface to configure and manage Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Cloud IP Phones. Interface to manage IP phones, voicemail and users.
- Security Camera Application. Application used to manage the Security Camera infrastructure.
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro. Application used to deploy default email signatures.
Education and Training:
Many employers seek IT Administrators who hold at least a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, information security or related areas. Professional network and other computer certifications, such as Comptia, A+ and MSCE, are often preferred over a bachelor’s degree.
Company: High Tech Finishing
Contact: Marycarmen Foster