Company: High Tech Finishing Location: Houston, Tx 77081
Status: Full Time Job Category: Production
Work Exp.: 1 – 2 Years Career Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School or Equivalent
High Tech Finishing is a dynamic manufacturing/processing company in SW Houston specializing in decorative electroplating for the business aviation industry. We offer excellent benefits: group medical/dental/life; voluntary life; vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; Holidays; 401(k) plan.
The Paint/Clear Coat Tech is responsible for applying a clear coat layer to parts/material by using spray gun and other techniques as necessary. The Paint/Clear Coat Tech must ensure to not over spray and/or under spray parts/material. The coat has to be applied evenly. The Paint/Clear Coat Tech is also responsible for moving parts/material into curing oven. Performing a visual inspection for obvious defects and reporting such defects to Team Leader or Supervisor. Moving and handling parts/material with care and maintaining work area clean, in addition to providing support in the Paint department as needed.
- Ensuring the processing of material through clear coat application techniques.
- Becoming familiar with departmental Work Instructions and Job Traveler.
- Transferring and handling of parts in a proper manner.
- Assisting Paint Lead Technician in preparing material, paint, clear coat, spray gun, etc.
- Caring, cleaning and set-up of spray gun.
- Proper use of spray booth.
- Proper use of curing oven.
- Following proper safety practices.
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Performing visual inspection requirements and techniques for the processed part prior to painting.
- Applying visual inspection requirements and techniques as material is being processed.
- Maintaining work area free of debris and in an orderly manner.
- Experience in applying clear coat on small to medium, odd-shaped, medium to large hardware parts.
- Able to use spray gun.
- Able to read and understand instructions.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift 30-lbs unassisted.
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time.
We are seeking an extremely organized, energetic, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. This position may require the availability to work overtime including Saturdays as dictated by the business needs.
Company: High Tech Finishing
Contact: Marycarmen Foster