Company: High Tech Finishing Location: Houston, Tx 77081
Status: Full Time Job Category: Production
Work Exp.: 1 – 2 Years Career Level: Trainee
Education Level: High School or Equivalent
High Tech Finishing is a dynamic manufacturing/processing company in SW Houston specializing in decorative electroplating for the business aviation industry. We offer excellent benefits: group medical/dental/life; voluntary life; vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; Holidays; 401(k) plan.
The Plating Tech-Trainee is responsible for plating parts/material in accordance to the finish. The Plating Tech-Trainee will apply different plating techniques based on experience level and will be closely monitored by the Plating Supervisor or by a selected experienced plater. The Plating Tech-Trainee must display proficient knowledge of process control meters and timers, have a good understanding of controlling parameters, various alloy groups, cathode and anode operations, etc. prior to becoming a Plating Tech. Performing a visual inspection for obvious defects and reporting such defects to Team Leader or Supervisor. Moving and handling parts/material with care and maintaining work area clean and observe and follow proper safety practices.
- Ensuring the processing of material through plating techniques.
- Becoming familiar with departmental Work Instructions and Job Traveler.
- Transferring and handling of parts in a proper manner.
- Becoming proficient in the use of process control meters and timers.
- Understanding the various alloy groups.
- Understanding racking load size and contact.
- Understanding of controlling parameters that affect plating.
- Understanding of cathode and anode operation.
- Determining maximum load size.
- Following proper safety practices.
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Applying visual inspection requirements and techniques.
- Maintaining work area free of debris and in an orderly manner.
- Preferably have previous experience and/or understanding of plating techniques.
- General understanding of handling chemicals.
- Able to read and understand instructions.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift 30-lbs unassisted.
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time.
We are seeking an extremely organized, energetic, flexible, and detail-oriented individual to join our team. This position may require the availability to work overtime including Saturdays as dictated by the business needs.
Company: High Tech Finishing
Contact: Marycarmen Foster